I'm interested to know the best ways to market our music to a younger following. Post your suggestions. Lets collectively add some ideas. Ringtones, Myspace, iTunes, Jam Sessions? Share...
Carlos Redman's Ten Steps to Growth and Exspansion
1. Marketing jazz is key!
2. Technology- A lot has transitioned since the CD...iPods, Globalization, Internet, Video Streaming, Social Netowrking, etc.
3. Dance- Can't party to it, people aren't interested...
4. Style- Give it an enviable face and ppl will gravitate to it.
5. Social Conscience- make it relevant to current issues that resonates with ppl
6. Stop refering to it as a historic dinosaur
7. Give young people access...remember they arent old enough to frequent clubs
8. Stop releasing more back catalog than new music
9. Quit with the same old standards, be original (there can only be one Miles)
10. Be more visual- Redman's Music Video Channel! MTV Jazz! something...
Jaijai, what a wonderful mission you've undertaken to create such a place for artistic minds to meet and share their hearts. A place to renew faded determinations, and revive lessened momentums. A place to display our wares and reconfirm to one another that we actually are on the right track.
I commend you, Jaijai, for caring so much that you created this castle of the heart for all of us. I want to share my praise for all of the new friends as well as old friends that I've met and will meet here in our castle. Here we can garnish the where-with-all, the strength, the conviction, and the selflessness through our symbiosis, to share our gift to the world with an unbiased agenda.
My mentor, Daisaku Ikeda says of art: "A beautiful flower delights and refreshes the hearts of all people equally, no matter what soil it grows in. That is the power of beauty. The same is true of great art. It is this spirit that the German poet Heinrich Heine sang of when he wrote that once the peapod bursts open, the sugar peas inside are for everyone to enjoy."
Click the image to give us your ideas for great festivals, events, fundraisers, sponsors, investors, etc. Let's combine our databases to bring us all to the next level of networking!
The Jazz Network reserves the right to approve, decline, ban or suspend membership at anytime without notice at its own discretion.
THE JAZZ NETWORK WORLDWIDE IS AN ORIGINAL ENTITY AND SOLE PROPRIETOR AND HAS NEVER PARTNERED OR AFFILIATED ITSELF WITH ANY OTHER JAZZ NETWORK THAT EXISTS THAT HAS A SIMILAR INTERFACE TO OUR ORIGINAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTIES, LAYOUT, ADVERTISEMENTS AND GRAPHIC DESIGN.