December 18, 2009 at 6pm to December 31, 2009 at 11:45pm
In cooperation with CDBaby, the great independent retail store, my whole jazz production has been placed on a special holiday sale at the amazing price of $5/CD through the month of December - which basically covers the manufacturing costs of the physical CDs.Included in the sale are my... latest CD KURAMA-LIVE IN JAPAN, plus NOTES (piano solo live in Hawaii), COLORS (featuring Chicago's great tenor sax Von Freeman), EMOTIONS (with the international vocals of Lilian Terry), and my debut album…See More
"I will be performing at the Kansai Music Conference with a fantastic international trio, featuring Larry Marshall on drums, Eric Weigmann on world percussions, Yasushi Gonjo on bass and myself on piano.
Date: Sunday, Sep 20 at 7:30pm
Place: Jazz On…"
September 19, 2009 at 11am to September 20, 2009 at 5pm
This is the inaugural event, of the "Kansai Music Conference". It's purpose is to promote all aspects of the music industry, with speeches by many local and international guests. In the evenings you will be able to catch a performance one of any number of the invited artists, who will be in town for the occasion.
"Hello Francesco. Thank you for your mail. As I write this I am listening to your music, on your "Myspace" page. It is very nice and I am enjoying listening to it. Can I explain my involvement, in the jazz scene. I research the jazz scene…"
"Thank you for your kind comment Fuji. If you can make it on Sep 15 at Live Spot Rag in Kyoto, I will be very happy to meet you, although I understand that you will need to get ready for your trip to the US.
Let's please keep in touch for future…"
"Thank you for enjoying my music, Haru.
I hope that in the future we will have a chance to do business together, I welcome every opportunity to be able to return to Japan for performing or other music related events. Please do keep me in mind. and…"
"thanks for your quick reply though I am not sure if I can make it in Kyoto right now.
Because, I am going to have my lecture at UDC in Washington DC, USA on 23rd of September, Coltrane birthday, so that busy for preparing everything, 3 weeks trip to…"
"Thanks for the friend request to me. I appreciate.
I love your play. You go to Japan at Sep 2009? Wow! that's Good! I go to Japan Nov 4 2009! I have a music present of business tirp. I'm do set up for music entertaiment live show and Radio…"
I will be performing in Japan on a 5-concert tour with a fine jazz piano trio on Sep 15-20, please see details on my official webpage: www.francescojazz.com.
Maybe you have the chance to come to Kyoto, Osaka or Amagasaki for…"
Born in Milano, Italy in 1960 and residing in the USA since 1980, Francesco Crosara is an accomplished jazz pianist, composer and educator who has performed at festivals and venues across the United States, Japan, Canada, Mexico, France and Italy. Francesco comes from a musical family as his mother, Lilian Terry, is one of Europe's foremost jazz vocalists who has recorded also with Dizzy Gillespie and with Tommy Flanagan.
· KURAMA (release date: September 1, 2009, issued by Crosara Creative). Live trio performance recorded in Japan in October 2008. Featuring Yasushi Gonjo on bass and Larry Marshall on drums. The title track, the orchestral "Kurama Suite" was inspired by a mystical mountain North of Kyoto. Originals and standards presented with a fresh new approach.
· NOTES (issued in 2008 by Crosara Creative). Produced and performed live piano solo concert at Atherton Auditorium in Honolulu sponsored by KHPR (National Public Radio). Originals and jazz compositions by Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Thelonious Monk and Bill Evans. Mixed by Bernie Kirsch at Chick Corea's Mad Hatter Studio.
· EMOTIONS (issued in 2003 by TCB Records) - Produced, arranged and performed by Francesco, featuring Lilian Terry and Von Freeman as well as international musicians from the US, Brazil and Egypt (note Night in Tunisia sung in Egyptian).
· COLORS (issued in 1999 by Southport Records, Chicago), featuring guest artist Von Freeman. Format includes jazz standards, original straight ahead and latin jazz. The album was well received by Downbeat Magazine (rated "4 stars"), Jazz Times, Jazz Improvisation Magazine, Cadence Music Review, All Music Guide, All About Jazz and The Jazz Review.
· ENERGY (issued in 1992 by Power Wave Records, Honolulu). Nominated for a Hawaiian 1993 Hoku Hanohano Award in the Instrumental Album of the Year category.
· Japan 2008 - Appeared at Jazz On Top Club in Osaka, Japan, on October 25, with drummer Larry Marshall and bassist Yasushi Gonjo. One night only special trio performance and recording session.
· Mexico 2005 & 2006 - featured artist at the 2006 Morelia Jazztival. Performance at the Teatro Ocampo in Morelia, Michoacan, with tenor sax Juan Alzate, cuban percussion master Roberto Vizcaino and rhythm session quintet.
· France 2003 - Performance with Lilian Terry and a French trio, at the MIDEM 2003 Festival in Cannes to present their new CD "Emotions" released by "TCB the Montreux Jazz Label".
· France 2001 - Performance at Chateauvallon jazz festival and at Nice jazz clubs.
· Chicago 1997-2000 - collaboration with various well known musicians such as Ira Sullivan, Von Freeman and Roy Hargrove.
· Hawaii 1995 & 1996 - Performances in Honolulu Theatre award winning productions of "Grand Hotel" and Rogers and Hammerstein's "Flower Drum Song".
· Spain 1992 - Selected, with drummer Eric Kurtz to join 40 artists to represent Hawaii at the US Pavilion in occasion of the Universal Expo'92 in Seville, Spain. Performances at the Belgian and New Zealand Pavilions.
· Hawaii 1988-1993 - Performances as part of saxophonist Gabe Baltazar's quartet.
· Los Angeles 1981-1984 - While attending university at USC, has performed regularly with the University's Jazz Ensemble featuring guest stars such as Lionel Hampton, Freddie Hubbard, Bobby Shew and Bill Magnuson.
· Mexico 1983 - Performances at 2 editions of the Morelia jazz festival as featured artist (sponsored by the University of Michoacan).
· Italy 1981 - Performances at Jazz Festivals in Bassano, San Marino and Campobasso. Also featured on Italian TV among a selected group of emerging young artists.
How did you hear about the Jazz Network? Please give full name of contact
personal internet research
What Instrument do you play?
What is your website address? Only websites that pertain to your business and how you can be contacted.
Hello Francesco. Thank you for your mail. As I write this I am listening to your music, on your "Myspace" page. It is very nice and I am enjoying listening to it. Can I explain my involvement, in the jazz scene. I research the jazz scene in Japan - events/festivals, gigs, musicians e.t.c.- then, each week, I mail my report to "Pure Jazz Radio", a radio station that broadcasts over the internet in N.Y. My report is then read over the air and included on the website. Please check-out the station; http://www.PureJazzRadio.com I also have a blog; http://purejazzradio-japan.blogspot.com/ and I also contribute regularly to this 'site. I don't have my own radio spot (but am working on it). But I do know someone who does, here in Osaka and, if it is okay with you, I will try to contact him, to see if he is interested in meeting you. I hope, while you are in Kansai, we can meet-up. Here is my address; email@example.com and please don't hesitate to contact me. I will look forward to hearing from you. Regards,
thanks for your quick reply though I am not sure if I can make it in Kyoto right now.
Because, I am going to have my lecture at UDC in Washington DC, USA on 23rd of September, Coltrane birthday, so that busy for preparing everything, 3 weeks trip to USA.
Enjoy your staying in Japan and hope to see you next time.
Thanks for the friend request to me. I appreciate.
I love your play. You go to Japan at Sep 2009? Wow! that's Good! I go to Japan Nov 4 2009! I have a music present of business tirp. I'm do set up for music entertaiment live show and Radio broadcasting also, much busy. I'm music and movie agent. That's why, if I go over there japan, I'm busy every day...But, Really your music much great!
Take care, and have a nice your business trip! Good luck!
God bless you!
No comments yet!
Welcome to THE JAZZ NETWORK WORLDWIDE "A GREAT PLACE TO HANG"
Jaijai, what a wonderful mission you've undertaken to create such a place for artistic minds to meet and share their hearts. A place to renew faded determinations, and revive lessened momentums. A place to display our wares and reconfirm to one another that we actually are on the right track.
I commend you, Jaijai, for caring so much that you created this castle of the heart for all of us. I want to share my praise for all of the new friends as well as old friends that I've met and will meet here in our castle. Here we can garnish the where-with-all, the strength, the conviction, and the selflessness through our symbiosis, to share our gift to the world with an unbiased agenda.
My mentor, Daisaku Ikeda says of art: "A beautiful flower delights and refreshes the hearts of all people equally, no matter what soil it grows in. That is the power of beauty. The same is true of great art. It is this spirit that the German poet Heinrich Heine sang of when he wrote that once the peapod bursts open, the sugar peas inside are for everyone to enjoy."
Mr. Smith’s biggest hit, “Walk Don’t Run,” became famous in covers by other bands, notably the Ventures. Mr. Smith, the writer of “Walk, Don’t Run,” gave up his career in 1958 to care for his daughter.