International Drum Set Instruction sent to your computer... (visit the website, below)
For 30 years Jacob Kaye, Jazz and Contemporary drummer and private-instructor has applied his Jazz-based concept to Contemporary Music. He has performed internationally, literally on "Stage, Screen and Television". Jacob's performances encompass three continents, six countries, countless cities performing with some of the world’s greatest musicians. Born and in the Wilmington, Delaware. His experience includes backing headliners, leading his band and private instruction and coaching.
As a Percussion student majoring in Performance he received a Financial-Grant for for studies at the Philadelphia Musical Academy, Philadelphia . However, shortly after was contracted as a musician/ drummer with the U.S. Marine Corps, Field Bands where he began gigging immediately. As such, during the next decade Jacob’s musical experience includes: small group Jazz, Big Band, Rock, Broadway Show-Tunes, Funk, Drum Corps, Country, Orchestral, Latin, Contemporary, and Pop music styles. He and the various bands traveled up - down and in between the U.S. east and west coasts, with time in Asia and Europe.
- "Jacob, you've got GREAT hands!!!....hands from hell@!", Jim Chapin (Most influential drummer of the 20th century.)
- "Very nice. Nice hands, nice energy. Nice Independent Left hand lead.“ Kenwood Dennard (Sting, Dizzy Gillespie, Associate Professor of Percussion, Berklee College of Music.)
- "Very cool! ... I like the fact that you are doing your combinations and not just transcribing what I did." Walfredo Reyes, Jr. (Santana, Christina Aguilera, etc.)
- "I think of the concepts you taught me often ... I spoke of you to Ralph Angelillo (Montreal Drum Fest, creator). I want him to know about you. You're a great person, a great teacher. Thanks, again, for your great words of wisdom..." Bertil Schulrabe (Chantal Chamandy - Egyptian Tour)
- "Hey Brother ..!!.. still remember the time you 'went out' like Elvin Jones at Crystal Mansion Studios." Johnny Neel, (Grammy nominated keyboard player, formerly with the Allman Brothers Band.)
- "Jacob has a great sense of jazz and chart reading. I was particularly impressed by the exciting playing displayed in concert with the big band video." Aldo Mazza ( McGill Conservatory, KoSa)
"...in traveling over 40,000 miles across our nation (U.S.), performing before 1.8 million people with appearances on coast-to-coast television...successful performances at 180 diversified events to include music clinics and jazz festivals...reflected great credit up himself and the U.S. Marine Corps..." (excerpt from 1 of 10 year's performances... Certificate of Commendation, U.S. Marine Corps)
Disney movie "Spies" starring Cloris Leachman (musician-extra) * DuPont's Clifford Brown Jazz Festival (with side-men of Woody Herman, Hubert Laws, "Philly" Jo Jones, Gary Burton, Hubert Laws, Buddy Rich bands) * Johnny Neel (formerly Allman Bro's. Band, Grammy nominated keyboard player) * Lee Greenwood Nashville country artist (Top 40 single) * Hal Schiff (notable tenor player/ leader of American Youth Jazz Band) * Boise Lowery (Clifford Brown's first music teacher) * Wilmington Symphony (Percussionist) * Wilmington School of Music (Percussion Chair/ Instructor) * U.S. Marine Corps Musician - Featured Drum Set / Principal Percussionist - USO Shows, 1984 Olympics T. V. Special (Pasadena, California) * Piamenta Band * Zemer Band * All Eastern Band & Instrumental Clinic - Norfolk (featured performer) * Mid-West Music Educators' Clinic, Chicago * Good Morning America (T. V. show with band) * Big Band opens for B. B. King, Florida Jazz Festival * etc.
How did you hear about the Jazz Network? Please give full name of contact
What Instrument do you play?
What is your website address? Only websites that pertain to your business and how you can be contacted.
hey Jacob - it is really all about the charts - they are challenging and interesting enough to keep everyone's jazz juices flowing - some younger audiences are hearing big band jazz for the first time - thanks for your friendship - mike norris
Jaijai, what a wonderful mission you've undertaken to create such a place for artistic minds to meet and share their hearts. A place to renew faded determinations, and revive lessened momentums. A place to display our wares and reconfirm to one another that we actually are on the right track.
I commend you, Jaijai, for caring so much that you created this castle of the heart for all of us. I want to share my praise for all of the new friends as well as old friends that I've met and will meet here in our castle. Here we can garnish the where-with-all, the strength, the conviction, and the selflessness through our symbiosis, to share our gift to the world with an unbiased agenda.
My mentor, Daisaku Ikeda says of art: "A beautiful flower delights and refreshes the hearts of all people equally, no matter what soil it grows in. That is the power of beauty. The same is true of great art. It is this spirit that the German poet Heinrich Heine sang of when he wrote that once the peapod bursts open, the sugar peas inside are for everyone to enjoy."