Musical Artist, Vocalist, Manager, Music Director, Composer, Jazz Presenter, Jazz Club, Jazz Festival, Production Coordinator, Jazz Historian
Tell us a little about your background...
Currently involved in many new Projects from Jazz/Country/Classic Rock and Latin Jazz. The joy of playing with musicians of different ages and backgrounds is and all over the world what makes life fulfilling.
Very proud of my son Carl De Souza who is also an excellent accomplished Bass Player. He has played with a number of excellent funk bands in Toronto Canada since the age of 16.
Bands – Dirty Truth/FuZion/Blues Driver
Liquid Jazz Project
• Band Leader Maximilan De Souza (Upright Bass/vocals), Jonathan Rattos (Keyboard) Craig Rattos (Drums), Sean Hully (Alto/Tenor/Flute and vocals) guests -Clair Porter (vocals/flute), Jim Wood (jazz Guitar), Pat Lafontain (drums), Valez DaSalle (Bamboo Flute), Lorenzo (Drums), Viv D’Lima (guitar)
Jonathan Rattos (19 yrs old) excellent Jazz Keyboard player trained by Brian DeLima (Toronto’s finest Jazz Piano Player). Currently attending Humber College under the direction of Brian Dickinson
Liquid Jazz Project – Performances
• Oakville Jazz Festival – 2010, Kitchner/Waterloo Jazz Festival - 2010
• Pasquale La Tratoria – Downtown Oakville – Ontario
• Clublink- Glen Abbey Golf Club – Rattlesnake Golf Club – Lions Head Golf Club – Cardinal Golf Club – Greystone Golf Club
• Special events – Niagara Wine Festival - Oakville Jazz Festival, Kitchener Jazz Festival - Guelph Jazz Festival and special events. – Tracks of our CD will be coming soon
• Monthly Jazz in the Café –Wholefoods Oakville location
Time is Tight Quartet (Latin Jazz/Disco/Funk and Jazz) – tracks to follow
• Maximilan De Souza (Bass/Vocals)
• Andrea Bailie (Vocals)
• Brian Bailie (KeyBoard/Vocals)
• Brian Jones (Guitar/Vocals)
• James Racz (Drums)
• Jazz/Latin Jazz Bands
• Stewart Macdonald Quartet
• Just Mooozy on Down
• Cool Jazz Cats play Latin
• Cuban Festivo Latin Experiment
• Zydeco Cajun Revival Band
Classic Rock Bands
• Time is Tight/Silverbacks/Blues Driver/EZStreet/River Deep Mountain High (Country Band)
• The Bar Band/Maximum Gruve/4 Cats Rock/No Apparent Reason/Midnight Blue
50’s 60’s – Little Peter & The Elegants - 50'60' do wop Band performing in Toronto Canada.
• Band Leader & Vocalist (Peter Toller)
• Brandon Rozen - Bass Vocalist
• Glenn Brown – Vocalist
• Keyboard/Vocalist - Stephen Targett
• Drums - James Racz
• Guitar – Jim Woods
• Sax - Sean Hully
• Bass/Vocals - Maximilan de Souza
Professional Musicians associated with since 1970
Worked at EMI Records in London England. Met and played with many professional musicians and travelled through Europe, Africa, North America. Met The Beatles, Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Diana Ross and the Supremes, Michael Jackson, Mamas and the Papas, Cliff Richard and The Shadows, Jimi Hendrix, David Cassidy, Pink Floyd, Count Bassie Big Band and many others.
Toured – Europe – South America – Holland – Canada – East Africa and USA currently resident of Canada
Toronto Professional Musicians
• Brian Dickinson (Piano)
• Mike Downs (Bassist)
• George McFadish)
• Jim Wood (Guitar)
• Richard Whitehouse (Piano)
• Richard Whitman (Piano)
• Mike McClellan (Drums)
• Dave McBean (Drums)
• Sean McBrae (Guitar)
• Brigham Phillips (Piano/Drums and Brigham Phillips Big Band)
• Adam Smale (Guitar)
• Viv De Lima (Guitar)
• Syd De Lima (Guitar)
• Umberto (Accordion)
• Ray (Latin/Italian Guitar)
• Domonic (Drums)
• Tito Valez (Drums)
• John Fletcher (Guitar/Vocals)
• Ken Moores (Guitar/Vocalist)
• Flavio Batttison (Latin Jazz Guitar/Vocalist)
• David Fyfe (Drums)
• Robert Gibbons (Drums)
• Matt Macfarlane (Guitar)
• Brian Bailie (Keyboards/Vocals)
• Brian Jones (Guitar/Vocals)
• Pat Quinlan (Drums)
• James Racz (Drums)
• Gerry Smythe (Guitar/Vocals)
• Anna Nakatolova (Jazz Vocals)
• Julie Anderson (Jazz Vocals)
• Natalie Vilarosa (Latin Jazz Vocals)
• Tanya Milson (Latin Jazz Vocals)
• John Imola (Drums)
• John Gardner (Trumpet)
• Victor Granger (Flugel Horn)
• Gino Marzio (Percussion)
• Hugh Maskela (Sax/Flugel Horn/Trumpet)
• Cornet Batison (Guitar/vocalist)
• Connie DAmelio (Jazz Singer – Detroit)
• Madison Stewart (Country vocalist)
• Sandra Payton (Jazz Vocalist)
• Grant Thompson (Jazz Vocalist)
• Brasilio Corasou (Cuban percussionist)
• Omalio DiBorsa (Jazz Sax)
• Shandel La Vivre (Vocalist)
• Omalo Kwale (Vocalist and Percussion)
• The Emeralds – (Detroit 50’60’s Revival dowap Band)Motown Revivals – John DiBiasi (vocals/guitar), Mateo Sarnoval (Trumpet), Greg Bennet (Percussion), Natalie Ferguson (Vocals), Sandra Wilson (Vocals), Romain Stevenak (Guitar), Dwayne Demonte (Keyboard), Maximilan de Souza (Vocals/Bass)
"Please enjoy my selection from different Bands" and keep Live Music Alive
"The ability to feature each musician with their god given talents and express their love and passion for music."
"Keep Live Music Alive"
How did you hear about the Jazz Network? Please give full name of contact
Dwane De Monte
What Instrument do you play?
Vocalist, Bass, Guitar
What is your website address? Only websites that pertain to your business and how you can be contacted.
Hi Maximilan, lovely to hear from you. Your thoughts are much appreciated so much work to do to help the people of Christchurch in getting through this disaster. One of the ways that people can help is to put a link to www.redcross.org.nz for donations, we as musicians can do much to help. Blessing and enjoy every day and moment that we have life is such a joy. Keep music alive! Take care Barb
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Monica Chapman. I am a jazz vocalist from Toronto,Canada.I would be honoured if you would take a minute and visit my profile page here,as well as go to www.reverbnation.com/monicachapman and let me know what you think. I have been doing shows in Toronto and would love to tell you about my upcoming show with fantastik Toronto musicains accomanying me. I would be delighted if you could come to hear me "live". Best to email me at email@example.com.
Thanks so very much - this means a lot to me. My next gig will be my CD launch on Fri. Nov. 12 at The Trane for my second CD Mav'rik which is all originals written and sung by moi, arranged by Jordan Klapman and orchestrated by Tony Quarrington. A wide variety of music from jazz, salsa, bossa nova etc. Would be thrilled if you could make it.
Enjoyed your videos very much.
Hi Maximilian really enjoyed listening to your music. Jazz such a blessing, enjoyed all the tracks and especially the feel on Take Five fun! Blue Bossa is wonderful ! All the best from New Zealand. Love and respect BJ
Welcome! Nice to meet you! We hope you'll come to listen to our music, and we hope you'll enjoy it!
If you want to leave a rewiev (for example on iTunes, the link is here below) we'll be very appreciative of your opinion!
Warm regards from Italy!
Jaijai, what a wonderful mission you've undertaken to create such a place for artistic minds to meet and share their hearts. A place to renew faded determinations, and revive lessened momentums. A place to display our wares and reconfirm to one another that we actually are on the right track.
I commend you, Jaijai, for caring so much that you created this castle of the heart for all of us. I want to share my praise for all of the new friends as well as old friends that I've met and will meet here in our castle. Here we can garnish the where-with-all, the strength, the conviction, and the selflessness through our symbiosis, to share our gift to the world with an unbiased agenda.
My mentor, Daisaku Ikeda says of art: "A beautiful flower delights and refreshes the hearts of all people equally, no matter what soil it grows in. That is the power of beauty. The same is true of great art. It is this spirit that the German poet Heinrich Heine sang of when he wrote that once the peapod bursts open, the sugar peas inside are for everyone to enjoy."
Click the image to give us your ideas for great festivals, events, fundraisers, sponsors, investors, etc. Let's combine our databases to bring us all to the next level of networking!
The Jazz Network reserves the right to approve, decline, ban or suspend membership at anytime without notice at its own discretion.
THE JAZZ NETWORK WORLDWIDE IS AN ORIGINAL ENTITY AND SOLE PROPRIETOR AND HAS NEVER PARTNERED OR AFFILIATED ITSELF WITH ANY OTHER JAZZ NETWORK THAT EXISTS THAT HAS A SIMILAR INTERFACE TO OUR ORIGINAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTIES, LAYOUT, ADVERTISEMENTS AND GRAPHIC DESIGN.