Villu Veski – saxophone, composer, producer www.nordicsounds.eu www.myspace.com/muhufuturemusicfestival www.youtube.com/villuveski
1980 - 1985 Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre
Professional Experience -
In 1983-87 Villu Veski has won several prizes on various contests for wind players in the former USSR.
- 1982-1998 saxophone and improvisation teacher in Tallinn Music School
- Since 1999 Tartu University Viljandi Culture Academy professor of Music Department
He has been teaching in jazz workshops in Germany, Norway, Faroe Islands.
Since 2007 member of the board of Estonian Jazz Union
- His repertoire includes classical compositions for alto saxophone and large amount of music for saxophone quartet.
In the field of Jazz he playes nordic and contemporary jazz. He has performed as soloist with St. Petersbourg Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra, Estonian State Symphonic Orchestra, and Tallinn Chamber Orchestra with conductors Neeme Järvi, Eri Klas, Peeter Lilje, Vello Pähn, Arvo Volmer. - He belongs to Tallinn Saxophone Quartet, which has given concerts both in Estonia and abroad, including The 11th World Saxophone Congress 1997 in Spain, Valencia; 12th World Saxophone Congress 2000 in Canada, Montreal.
- In 1998 Villu Veski and accordionist Tiit Kalluste initiated duo-project Sounds of the Nordic Islands, which included performances on The 2nd EuroCass Congress in Krakov, Poland (1998), 12th World Saxophone Congress in Montreal, Canada (2000), World EXPO 2000 in Hannover, London Royal Music College (2000), Stockholm Museum of Modern Art (2000), as well as concerts on Faroe Islands, Gotland, Öland, Aland and other Nordic islands, also in Tallinn, Helsinki, Moscow, St. Petersbourg, Kaunas, Vilnius, Riga, Lillehammer, Brussels, Antwerpen, Liege, Paris, Buenos Aires, Berlin, Hamburg, Stutgart, Karlsruhe, Gothenburg, Toronto.
- In 2003 Villu Veski and Tiit Kalluste collaborated with argentinian jazzdrummar Daniel Astor Piazzolla, recorded original music and toured together in Estonia, Finland, Luxembourg, Faroe Islands, Latvia, Belgia and France.
- In 2004 Villu Veski collaborated with Kristian Blak & Nordic ensemble Yggdrasil. They have been toured in Europe, Greenland, Island, Faroe Islands, Usa (including Hawaii)
Villu Veski has been toured with:
Eivør Pálsdóttir (Faroe Islands/Island)
Laura Lahera (Argentina)
Tiit Kalluste (Estonia)
Daniel Astor Piazzolla (Argentina)
Fulvio Paredes ( Argentina)
Kristian Blak & Yggdrasil (Faroe Islands)
Debbie Cameron (Usa/Denmark)
Raimonds Pauls, Laima Vaikule (Latvia)
Sergei Manukjan (Russia)
Severi Pyysalo ( Finland)
Jukka Eskola (Finland)
Marilyn Mazur ( Denmark)
Federico Gasagrande ( Italy)
Sofia Rubina (Estonia)
Deniss Pashkevich ( Latva)
Vox Clamantis ( Estonia)
Abdissa MAMBA Assefa ( Ethiopia/Finland)
Baluji Shrivastav (India)
Petras Vishniauskas (Lithuania)
Brian Melvin (USA)
Johan Setterlind (Sweden)
Bird & Mahina ( Hawaii, USA)
Alessia Obino ( Italy)
Rivertribe ( Australia)
1. Tallinn International Jazzfestival JAZZKAAR , Muhu Future Music Festival “Juu Jääb”, Tudengijazz, Fiesta International, Rocksummer ( Estonia) 1982-2008
2. MAMAJAZZ Vilnius, Kaunas Jazz, Klaipeda Intl.Jazzfestival,(Lithuania)
3. Rochester International Jazzfestival, USA
4. - Pori Jazzfestival –Finland
5. , Bergen Nattjazz – Norway
6. Copenhagen European Culture Capital "Artgenda '96" , Denmark
7. Tbilisi International Jazz Festival (1986), Georgia
8. Ossennije Ritmy" St.Petersbourg (1990) Russia
9. "Stupenka v Parnass" Moscow (1990), Russia
10. Adolphe Sax Festival Dinant (1994) Belgium
11. JazzyColours international Jazzfestival Paris (2005) France
16. Patras European Cultural Capital (2006) Greece
17. Rigas Ritmi (2006) Latvia
18. Mediawave Festival (2007) Hungary
- Villu Veski has been active as composer as well. He has created music for documentarys and films
1999 music for TV-documental "Around the World in 90 Days" with 13 parts, which have been shown on Discovery Travel Channel, BBC/Flextech UK Style and TVF International.
2002 Von Tallinn zur insel Muhu - Eine reise durch Estland ( NDR)
2005 ESTONIA- MON AMOUR TiedemannFilm+ MA.JA.DE.Film, Distribution Ventura Berlin, BKM, MFGMDM, MDR/ARTE, SWR 2005
2006 Muhu-Estlands mystische Insel (ARTE) Eine Dokumentation von Paul Weber
2007 Rudy Maxa`s World ( High Definition Travel) USA
Releases:CD Villu Veski iLife Jazz Party feat.Eivør,Sofia Rubina, Deniss Pashkevich, James Werts, Olavur Olsen, Federico Gasagrande, Bird, Mamba, Raimonds Macats Juu Jääb Records MFMF 003 2007
CD Yggdrasil “Risastova” TUTL HJF 111 2006
CD Villu Veski World Music Project “Bird & Primitive Music Society MFMF 002 2006
CD Mi Tango en Buenos Aires Veski/Kalluste/Piazzolla TUTL HJF 132 2005
CD Sounds of the Nordic Islands Veski/Kalluste duo OVRCD002 1998
CD Sounds of the Nordic Islands Veski/Kalluste 5tet TUTL HJF 92 2002
CD Faroeesti TUTL 2002
CD Tallinn Saxophone Quartet playes Bach and Jazz 1994
CD Tallinn Saxophone Quartet playes Estonian Contemporary Music 2002
CD Oh, Lady Be Cool , Saxappeal Band 1994
CD Estonian National Symphony Orchestra Eino Tamberg/Saxophone Concert 2000
CD TTU Malechoir/Tallinn saxophone Quartet 2000
DVD Tango Nuevo Veski/Kalluste/Piazzolla PSH DVD 003 2003
DVD Yggdrasil The Tübingen Concert (with Eivor) TUTL HJF122 2005
LP Sergei Manukjan & AVICENNA, Melodija 1989
LP Tallinn Saxophone Quartet Melodija 1989
Villu Veski established in Estonian island ”Muhu Future Music Festival JUU JÄÄB”, since 1997 and has been as artistic director and producer for this festival 11 years.
How did you hear about the Jazz Network? Please give full name of contact
I `ll find in through my friends, jazzmusicians
What is your website address? Only websites that pertain to your business and how you can be contacted.
The Jazz Network Worldwide is dedicated with love to my father,
jazz legend bassist "Chubby" Jackson for his contribution to jazz and entertainment.
~ Jaijai Jackson
The Jazz Network Worldwide is comprised of all the subsets of the industry worldwide from managers, agents, publicists, venues, festivals, radio stations, studios, musicians, vocalists, etc. and of course fans. You can use it as a database by utilizing the tool bar for what you seek to connect and network with.
Jaijai, what a wonderful mission you've undertaken to create such a place for artistic minds to meet and share their hearts. A place to renew faded determinations, and revive lessened momentums. A place to display our wares and reconfirm to one another that we actually are on the right track.
I commend you, Jaijai, for caring so much that you created this castle of the heart for all of us. I want to share my praise for all of the new friends as well as old friends that I've met and will meet here in our castle. Here we can garnish the where-with-all, the strength, the conviction, and the selflessness through our symbiosis, to share our gift to the world with an unbiased agenda.
My mentor, Daisaku Ikeda says of art: "A beautiful flower delights and refreshes the hearts of all people equally, no matter what soil it grows in. That is the power of beauty. The same is true of great art. It is this spirit that the German poet Heinrich Heine sang of when he wrote that once the peapod bursts open, the sugar peas inside are for everyone to enjoy."
Let's be audacious, my friends!
Click the image to give us your ideas for great festivals, events, fundraisers, sponsors, investors, etc. Let's combine our databases to bring us all to the next level of networking!
The Jazz Network reserves the right to approve, decline, ban or suspend membership at anytime without notice at its own discretion.
THE JAZZ NETWORK WORLDWIDE IS AN ORIGINAL ENTITY AND SOLE PROPRIETOR AND HAS NEVER PARTNERED OR AFFILIATED ITSELF WITH ANY OTHER JAZZ NETWORK THAT EXISTS THAT HAS A SIMILAR INTERFACE TO OUR ORIGINAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTIES, LAYOUT, ADVERTISEMENTS AND GRAPHIC DESIGN.